Yields 8 servings
1 cup wheat berries (soft wheat)
3 cups water
1 lb brussels spouts or 3 cups chopped brussels sprouts
10 radishes, thinly sliced
2 medium carrots, shredded
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 bulk fennel, chopped
1/2 cup hemp hearts
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup feta cheese
2 lemon, juiced
2 tbsp avocado oil
1. In a medium pot, add the wheat berries and water. Bring the water to a boil, cover and simmer on low heat for 35 minutes to cook the wheat berries. Drain the water and set aside.
2. In a large bowl add brussels sprouts, radishes, carrots, red bell pepper, fennel, hemp hearts, cranberries and feta cheese. Toss until all ingredients are well combined.
3. Add lemon and oil and stir until all of the ingredients are coated.
4. Serve as a side dish or main course.
5. Salad can remain in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.