Yields ~40 mushrooms
2 tbsp olive oil
2 leeks, thinly sliced
1 cup feta cheese
½ cup goat cheese
1 ½ cup cream cheese, plain
40 mini Portobello mushrooms
1 tbsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Peel, rinse and slice the leeks in half. Thinly slice the leeks and place aside while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
3. Prepare the Portobello mushrooms by removing the caps and quickly rinsing the mushrooms. Place on a paper towel to dry. The mushroom caps can be used for another recipe instead of discarding.
4. Combine the feta, goal and cream cheese into a large bowl. Mix together using a fork and set aside.
5. Set stove to medium heat.
6. In a large skillet, add olive oil and leeks. Allow the leeks to soften, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes.
7. Add the warm sautéed leeks to the cheese mixture. Add the black pepper and mix until well combined. The warm leeks will melt the cheese and allow for easier stirring.
8. Place about 1 tablespoon of the cheese filling into each mushroom cap. Place the mushrooms onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
9. Place the baking sheet into the oven for 20 minutes.
10. Serve immediately.