Yields 10 servings
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 kg lean ground beef
2 orange sweet peppers
2 red sweet peppers
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
½ cup water
1/2 cup red wine
1. Coarsely chop the peppers and place into a food processor. Pulse the peppers in the food processor until peppers are finely chopped.
2. On medium heat, add oil to a large pan. Add the pepper mixture from the food processor and simmer the peppers for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
3. Next, add the ground meat and stirring occasionally to break apart the ground meat.
4. Add salt & pepper and continue mixing and simmering the sauce for 20 minutes.
5. Add the water and wine to the pan, reduce heat to medium-low heat.
6. Continue to simmer for an additional 30 minutes. Cover the pan and stir occasionally.
7. Add the meat sauce to spaghetti noodles and serve.