Yields 6 servings
1 ¾ cup water
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 tbsp vegetable oil
½ cup red onion
4 medium zucchini
3 cups swiss chard
2 cups mini portobello mushrooms
1 tbsp roasted garlic spice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 cups basil tomato marinara sauce
6 large red peppers
1 cup aged cheddar, shredded
1. Measure out 1 cup of uncooked quinoa and 1 ¾ cup of water. Place into a medium pot on high heat. Bring water to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover the pot for 20 minutes. Set aside covered.
2. Using a large pan on medium heat, add the vegetable oil to the pan. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes or until the onions are softened.
3. Add the zucchini, swiss chard and mushrooms to the pan. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the roasted garlic spice and salt and pepper, stir well.
4. In the meantime, slice the red peppers in half and remove the seeds from the peppers.
5. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet and place the red pepper facing up on the sheet. Set aside.
6. Add the cooked quinoa to the pan and the marinara sauce to the pan and mix the ingredients well.
7. Portion out the mixture evenly between the peppers.
8. Preheat oven to 365C.
9. Place the peppers in the preheated oven for 10 minutes to allow the peppers to cook. Add the cheddar cheese on top on each stuffed pepper and place back into the over for an additional 15 minutes.
10. Serve immediately.