Yields 40 pieces
5 cups dry chickpeas
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 medium cooking onion, chopped
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 cup fresh Curly parsley, chopped
1 tbsp cumin
2 tsp Himalayan salt
1 Tsp cinnamon
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp black pepper
¼ cup split green peas, cooked
1 tsp baking soda
1. Soak your dried chickpeas in water for approximately 24 hours in a large bowl. Ensure chickpeas are covered in water the entire time.
2. Drain and rinse the soaked chickpeas.
3. In a food processor add the chickpeas, garlic cloves, fresh cilantro leaves and curly parsley. Start to pulse then run to form a purée consistency.
4. Add the cooked split peas to the food processor and blend well. Add the mixture into a large bowl.
5. To the bowl, add the cumin, Himalayan salt, garlic powder, cinnamon and black pepper. Mix well until all the spices are mixed evenly.
6. Add the place baking soda just prior to cooking and stir well.
7. Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop out a heaping tablespoon and form even sized balls. Place on the parchment paper.
8. Use a fork to press falafel flat
9. Bake in oven at 350 for 20 minutes, let the falafel cool slightly before serving.