Yields 5 servings
5 mini eggplants
¼ cup basil pesto
1 cup marinara with basil
1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 strips bacon, thinly sliced
1 cup marble cheddar, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 385F. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
2. Slice the mini eggplant in half and place on the baking sheet facing up.
3. Brush the eggplant with basil pesto.
4. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
5. In the meantime, prepare the remainder of ingredients. Finely chop parsley, chop the bacon strips and shred the cheddar cheese.
6. Remove the eggplant from the oven; add a tablespoon of marinara sauce to each eggplant. Layer the remainder of ingredients and divide the shredded cheese equally.
7. Place the baking sheet in the oven for an additional 25 minutes.
8. Serve warm!