Yields 12 portions
3 red peppers, sliced
3 orange peppers, sliced
3 yellow peppers, sliced
1 red onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 zucchini, diced
3 sweet potatoes, diced with skin on
3 white potatoes, diced with skin on
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 cup quinoa, cooked
3 cups tomato sauce
6 fresh basil leaves or 2 tsp dried basil
4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup feta cheese, optional
1. Start by preparing your vegetables first: slice peppers into strips; dice red onions; and wrap garlic in foil.
2. With a mandolin thinly slice zucchini; slice sweet potato and white potato with skin on.
3. Place all vegetables on the parchment paper on baking sheet and garlic in foil. Drizzle olive oil and oregano over vegetables.
4. Heat up oven to 400 F. Bake vegetables in oven at 400 F for 30 minutes until vegetables brown/roast.
5. Cook quinoa: boil 2 cups of water with 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa in a pot for 12 minutes.
6. Place tomato sauce, roasted garlic cloves and fresh basil (dried basil leaves) in a bowl. Puree mixture using immersion blender.
7. In a bowl bowl mix the red, yellow and orange roasted peppers, roasted red onion and cooked quinoa.
8. Use a 9x12 casserole dish for the lasagna.
9. Start layering process:
Add 1/4 cup tomato sauce on the base of the baking dish.
Place a layer of roasted sweet potatoes.
Spread 1/4 cup of mozzarella and 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Then add a layer of mixed pepper mixture.
Layer tomato ¼ cup tomato sauce.
10. Continue to layer the same steps until all ingredients have been used.
11. Cover the lasagna dish with tin foil and bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes. Before serving lasagna let it settle on counter top for 5 minutes.