Yields 22 cookies
½ cup coconut oil
1 cup coconut sugar
1 cup oatmeal flour
½ cup cocoa
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup shredded coconut
½ cup chocolate chips optional
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Heat coconut oil in a glass measuring cup for 30 seconds in the microwave or until liquid consistency.
3. Mix coconut oil, coconut sugar and egg in a bowl. Mix ingredients together using a mixer for about 2 minutes.
4. Place oatmeal flakes in a food processor and pulse until a flour consistency forms. Measure 1 cup of oatmeal flour and set aside.
5. Add together and stir well the oatmeal flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa in a large bowl. Add the dry and wet ingredients into one bowl and mix for 2 minutes until well blended.
6. Add the shredded coconut and chocolate chips to mixture and stir well.
7. When the batter is mixed, use a measuring spoon and scoop out a tablespoon measure on parchment covered baking sheet.
8. Place cookies an inch apart on the baking tray.
9. Bake at 350 for 12 -14 minutes. Set aside on the baking sheet for 30 minutes.
10. Make a heart stencil from a sheet of paper and sift icing sugar on top of each cookie for a decorative valentine heart!