3 eggs, scrambled
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp herbs de Provence
½ cup almond flour
⅓ cup ground flax seed
1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
6 boneless chicken breast
2 tbsp Olive oil
1 ½ cup tomato sauce
1 tbsp fresh or dried basil
½ cup Mozzarella cheese, sliced or shredded
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Slice each chicken breast into two thinner pieces.
2. Scramble the eggs, garlic powder and herbs de Provence in a medium bowl.
3. In a separate medium bowl mix together the almond flour, ground flax and Himalayan salt.
4. Individually place each chicken breast in the egg batter, flipping the chicken to ensure that both sides are covered with the batter.
5. Transfer the breast onto the almond flax mixture, flipping the chicken to ensure each side of the chicken is covered.
6. Transfer the coated chicken breast to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over chicken and drizzle with olive oil.
8. Bake the chicken in a preheated oven at 350F for 30 minutes.
9. In a saucepan, heat the tomato sauce with basil for 3-5 minutes until it is well mixed.
10. When chicken breast is cooked, spread the tomato sauce over each breast.
11. Place a spoon of shredded mozzarella cheese on each breast.
12. Bake again at 350F for another 5 minutes just until the cheese is melted.