Yields 12 servings
3 medium eggplants
2 cups white mushrooms, slices
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 cooking onions, sliced thin
1 sweet potato, cut into strips
¼ cup sundried tomatoes, diced
2 tsp Chalice Spice Organic Chefs Seasoning
½ pound Mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
½ lb Smoked mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
2 cups tomatoes, puréed
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Slice the eggplant into thin slices and place in a large bowl.
2. Whisk eggs with a fork and pour over eggplants. Toss eggplants in egg until well coated. Set aside.
3. In a large pan on medium heat, add the sliced mushrooms, sliced onions, chopped garlic, sweet potato strips, diced sundried tomatoes, Chalice Spice Organic chefs seasoning and olive oil. Stir together to combine all of the ingredients. Sauté vegetables for 3-5 minutes until tender.
4. For layering the vegetables, use a large rectangular baking dish.
5. Place 3 tbsp of tomato purée on bottom of baking dish. Layer eggplant evenly on top of the tomato sauce.
6. Place both choices of mozzarella cheese on top of each eggplant slice then spread ½ of the sautéed vegetable mixture spreading evenly across the previous layer.
7. Repeat layering pattern again starting with eggplant, tomato sauce, cheese and sautéed vegetables.
8. The top layer consists of eggplant, tomato sauce and the remainder of the cheese.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 45 minutes. Serve warm.