Yields 20 muffins
1 can (540mL) black beans
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
¼ cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup cacao powder
3 ripe bananas, mashed
½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Rinse the black beans and place into a food processor. Puree the beans.
3. Add the eggs to the beans and pulse in the processor for another 1-2 minutes.
4. Add the coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract to the beans and purse for another minute. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and set aside.
5. In a separate large bowl, mix together almond flour, baking powder, salt and cacao powder. Stir together using a fork until the ingredients are mixed well.
6. Add the wet ingredients in the bowl of dry ingredients. Add the mashed bananas and chocolate chips. Stir together until all of the dry ingredients have been mixed well.
7. Line a muffin tray with muffin paper cups. Add ½ cup of batter to each muffin tin.
8. Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let the muffins cool before serving.