Yields 4 portions
This recipe is a clever way of incorporating seasonal ingredients together. The colours of this salad are beautiful when combined in a bowl to definitely stand out during your holiday dinners. This winter salad is sure to impress any guests!
2 cups butternut squash, cubed
1 cup fennel, chopped
½ cup green onion, chopped
1 cup edemame beans
3 cups Swiss chard
1 cup pomegranate seeds
3 tbsp fig balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp safflower oil (or vegetable oil of your choice)
Juice of one lemon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1. Preheat over to 350F.
2. Place butternut squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly and bake for 45 minutes.
3. Wash and chop the fennel, green onions and Swiss chard.
4. In a small bowl, combine ingredients for the salad dressing. Add the vinegar, oil and lemon juice. Stir with a fork to combine the ingredients. Set aside.
5. In a large bowl, place Swiss chard to cover the base of the bowl. Place the remaining ingredients on the greens.
6. Drizzle the salad with the dressing mixture and combine well.
7. Set aside for half an hour and serve as a side dish.