Yield 8 cups
½ cup olive oil
10 medium cooking onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 heads of broccoli, chopped
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp Vegetable Broth Powder (Chalice Spice Vegetable Broth & Creamy Vegetable Broth)
6 cups water
1 tsp salt (Chalice Spice sea salt)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup split peas, cooked or canned
⅓ cup chickpeas, cooked or canned
1. On medium heat, add olive oil, Spanish onions and garlic in a large pot. Sauté for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add black pepper and garlic powder to the mixture and continue stirring until the spices are well combined.
3. In a separate medium pot, heat the six cups of water and add the vegetable broth. Mix together until the powdered vegetable broth is mixed in and a broth forms.
4. Add the liquid vegetable broth to the onion mixture. Stir well.
5. Add the remainder of the ingredients to the large pot. Bring the ingredients to a boil. Reduce to low-medium heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
6. Let the soup cool. Using a food processor or immersion blender, blend the soup until a smooth and creamy consistency forms.
7. Heat the creamy soup to a desirable temperature and serve.