Yield 8 pancakes
1 whole egg
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp puree vanilla
1 cup almond flour
1 cup organic white flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup mixed frozen fruit (thawed or frozen)
1 cup almond milk
Mixed Berry Sauce
2 cups of mixed frozen berries
1. In a saucepan, add the mixed berries and heat until berries are thawed, approximately 3-5 minutes. Set aside in the sauce pan.
2. In a large bowl, add the eggs and vanilla and beat the mixture using a fork.
3. Next add the almond flour, white organic flour, baking powder, baking soda.
4. Add the almond milk and stir gently just until the flour is mixed.
5. Lastly, stir in the mixed fruit and blend the ingredient together.
6. Heat up a sauce pan on medium heat. Use cooking spray in the pan and add about a 1/3 cup of mixture for each pancake. Let the pancake cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until formed and lightly browned on both sides. You can flip the pancake when bubbles surface on the batter.
7. Remove from the pan and serve immediately. Drizzle the mixed berry sauce on top for extra flavour. The cooked pancakes can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.
These sweet and nutty flavoured pancakes are a great breakfast or snack choice as they provide extra protein in the morning or anytime of the day. . .